JABbering Stooge

Friday, August 12, 2005

One more shot across the bow

I just remembered something about the O'Reilly/Malkin exchange. Malkin isn't the only one presuming to speak for a newsmaker's dead relative. O'Reilly, in his infamous "Shut up! Cut his mic!" blow-up somehow read the mind of Jeremy Glick's dead father - freshly killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

O'REILLY: You are mouthing a far left position that is a marginal position in this society, which you're entitled to.

GLICK: It's marginal -- right.

O'REILLY: You're entitled to it, all right, but you're -- you see, even -- I'm sure your beliefs are sincere, but what upsets me is I don't think your father would be approving of this.

GLICK: Well, actually, my father thought that Bush's presidency was illegitimate.


Later in the interview, O'Reilly takes it one step further.

O'REILLY: Shut up. Shut up.

GLICK: Oh, please don't tell me to shut up.

O'REILLY: As respect -- as respect -- in respect for your father, who was a Port Authority worker, a fine American, who got killed unnecessarily by barbarians...

GLICK: By radical extremists who were trained by this government...

O'REILLY: Out of respect for him...

GLICK: ... not the people of America.

O'REILLY: ... I'm not going to...

GLICK: ... The people of the ruling class, the small minority.

O'REILLY: Cut his mic. I'm not going to dress you down anymore, out of respect for your father. We will be back in a moment with more of THE FACTOR.

We've moved! Check out the new site here!