JABbering Stooge

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Science marches on, in spite of ourselves

There was an interesting article on MSRNC today about a potential cancer treatment being developed at MIT (Forgive me while I pause to grumble about MIT getting all the cool discoveries - remnants of my time as a Carnegie Mellon student). I'll let you peruse the article without further comment, except to say that this sort of thing would not be possible without the kids who have become the MIT researchers being taught all the things that the anti-science crowd want thrown out of science.

(By the way, if you really believe the claptrap that "evolution hasn't produced any useful advances," I suggest you Google "genetic algorithms" or even "antibiotic resistance". Study of evolution helps explain a lot about both topics.)

We've moved! Check out the new site here!