JABbering Stooge

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rep. Baka: Maher is a traitor for criticizing Dear Leader

The assault on freedom of speech continues. This time, Bill Maher - no stranger to controversy, for sure - committed the crime of joking about the Army missing it's recruitment goal for April by 42 percent. As a result, Rep. Spencer Bachus (R - AL) has called for Maher's show, Real Time with Bill Maher, to be cancelled because of the remarks.

"I think it borders on treason," Bachus said. "In treason, one definition is to undermine the effort or national security of our country."


Forgive my utter ignorance - I know I'm just a stupid, evil, terrorist, traitor, spawn-of-Satan liberal, but how is showing concern for the problems our military is facing, albeit in a satirical fashion, in any way at all "undermining the effort or national security of our country?"

I guess Congressman Bachus is going to have to provide a list of state-approved jokes, because I'm a bit confused as to what sorts of jokes are patriotically correct. I am sure of the following, though:

  • Laura Bush joking about her husband's penchant for masturbating horses is high comedy.

  • Bill Maher satirizing the sorry state of our military is high treason.


I'm going to have to defer to an objective, independent source for comment on this development. Take it away, Ruri-chan!


He's a baka.

We've moved! Check out the new site here!